Why is that only a few people are able to make it to the top and the rest are left behind in the crowd.Discover the secrets behind the smart thinking of the most successful people and get ahead in life by changing the way you think.As it is said “YOU BECOME WHAT YOU THINK OF EVERY TIME”.
SHORT SUMMARY OF THE BOOK
BOOK NAME:GET SMART
NO. OF PAGES :173
AUTHOR: BRIAN TRACY
When it comes to self-development the first thing that comes to my mind is a quote from famous English poet Oscar Wilde “We are all in the Gutter but some of us are looking at the stars”, there is this constant urge within us to improve ourselves to stop living a life full of pity and despair and to really make our existence in the world worth something.
A self-improvement book is more of an action oriented book which give us the important formulas that most of the successful people in their respective field have applied when they started from scratch and reached the top.
Brian Tracy is one of the finest self-help speakers of all times and a bestselling author of more than 70 books, so to get the mantras of success from him can be compared to learning theoretical physics from Albert Einstein as both of them are masters of their respective field. In his latest book “Get Smart” Brian is once again as usual ready with sets of sage advice and proven tips that can really turn out to be life changing for everyone just as they did for the people who used them.
At the beginning of the book the author brings out some research on our brain and it infinite potential and why despite each and every one of us born with this potential only a few are able to utilize this potential, in the subsequent chapter the author gives practical and concise description of all the formulas that can be used to unleash this potential and achieve the goals you have set for yourself. Some of these tips are:
- First of all is the strong belief that you are not ordinary you just need to change your approach and start living with a positive outlook.
- You become what you think about- most of the time. Your beliefs either positive or negative, largely determine what you do and how you do it.
- Action is what really counts, we admire successful people for not what they say but how they react when they face any pressure situation. Think Ahead, just like a chess master, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. Make a decision, resolve today to develop long time perspective.
- Your Thinking: which includes short term thinking versus long term thinking, goal-oriented thinking versus reaction oriented thinking, result oriented thinking versus activity oriented thinking, flexible thinking versus rigid thinking.
- The better you can differentiate between these thinking methodologies, the better you will be able to utilize your time and energy. These thinking processes are explained in detail in the text, quoting examples from lives of famous people like Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet etc.
- Do not be afraid of failure , learn from your mistakes and develop a positive mental attitude learn to accept responsibility if you have committed any mistake instead of pointing fingers and criticizing others, improve yourself each day.
To sum everything up, for me personally this book is no less than a self-development masterpiece, as it contains solutions to most of the problems I face and many people others face too like, procrastination, negative attitude and criticism, fear of failure and rejection. This book is gives excellent advice to break all the barriers and start your journey towards success.
WHAT WE REALLY LIKED IN THE BOOK
1) Practical, easy to understand advice and a detailed analysis of what we have been doing wrong and what strategies and solutions we can apply to improve ourselves with real like examples of many famous personalities.
2) There are action exercises given after every chapter, which are really helpful as they give the essence of how we can apply the lessons of the chapter in our lives.
3) The language is simple and easy to understand and it feels as if the author is trying to communicate with you directly rather than giving sort of a speech.
In a self-development book there is nothing much you can add under this section, and also specially Brian Tracy has done such a superb job in making this book an absolute fit in place.